PhD Travel Award Intent Form
To be filled out before completing the application.
In order to make distribution of travel funding more equitable, PhD students should first declare their intention to request funding to the DGS by stated deadlines (contact DGS Office for current deadlines). Then students whose funding requests are approved should fill out the PhD Travel Award Application on the Forms page.
Priority for these funds will be given as follows:
- students presenting at national conferences
- students presenting at regional conferences
- students presenting at local conferences
- students accepted to seminars (such as those at Cornell’s School of Criticism & Theory or Breadloaf)*
- students conducting archival research*
Overall, those who have not yet been supported by these funds will be given priority over those who have.
*Travel to seminars and for archival research is not supported by LAS, and such funds will come out of the English coffers. Students may not claim to have received an LAS PhD Student Travel Award on their CV if they are awarded these funds for that purpose.