Teaching Assistantships for MA Students
MA students may be eligible for a 50% FTE Teaching Assistantship in their second year. (For 2019-2020 the rate was $19,730 for 9 months.) The Assistantship carries a tuition and partial fee waiver and a stipend, not to mention invaluable teaching experience. In addition, a number of Graduate Assistantship and Graduate Hourly positions are available at UIC, some of which may also provide a tuition waiver including during the first (non-TA) year. The links below will help you navigate the tuition & fees for the MA program as well as Graduate Assistant and other positions at UIC. If you have further questions, please contact us.
tuition, fee, and funding links
Funding Resources for Non-U.S. Citizen Graduate Students
We strive to keep this section up to date. If you notice any broken links or you think we should add another funding source, please let the Graduate Studies Program Coordinator know.
List of funding sources for international students
- From Duke University: opportunities for DACA and undocumented students and for international students.
- From Immigrants Rising: List of Graduate Scholarships That Do Not Require Proof of Citizenship Or Legal Permanent Residency.
- Website for International Education Financial Aid (IEFA).
- Website for International Scholarships.
- Google doc compiled by the National Association of Fellowship Advisors, “Non-US Citizen Scholarship, Grant & Fellowship Opportunities.”